User Research and Knowing your Customer - 4x mornings 21st, 22nd, 27th, 28th April
4x Half Day Day Short Course - User Research & Knowing your Customer (Glasgow)
Why this topic is relevant:
Knowing who your customers are, what makes them tick, their problems, their
needs and expectations, are critical for good change. In the context of digital
transformation – customer focus is key.
Customer experience is the battleground of the future and through an understanding
of your ideal or likely customers you can anchor decision making away from the
HIPPO and reduce subjectivity in decisions.
This course will equip learners with practical tools to understand their customers and
users in order to illustrate them in a way that can be communicated to stakeholders
to affect empathy within the design and development process.
We will cover:
- How to identify methods for capturing broad customer insight
- Applying insights into a proto-persona and persona and how these artefacts can be used throughout a project
- Deepening understanding of customers through empathy maps
- How to illustrate a customer’s journey through a mapping exercise
- What user research and testing is
- Methods for eliciting user insights and performing user testing
- How to frame a research enquiry and design an approach
Marta, Designer, February 2019
"Today took me from someone who had no knowledge of user research to a place where i fully understood the methodologies and the high importance of feeding this into project design."
Kerin, Business Analyst, February 2019
"Insightful, fun and engaging."
David, System Tester transitioning to Business Analyst, May 2019
100% of students rated the trainer's knowledge of the subject as Excellent.