1 Day Short Course - Intrapreneurship (Glasgow)
Who the training is for:
Our Students come from a diverse background, but are aiming at careers in Business Analysis, Digital Strategy, Service Design, Product Management and similar. Some are already in these roles and are looking to strengthen and advance their skills, whilst some are re-skilling from another career.
Why this topic is relevant:
More and more, businesses are required to think innovatively to stay relevant and viable. The roles our cohort work in are naturally placed to take an active role in driving innovation and risk-taking within an organisation. Although not all business’ cultures are well-equipped at fostering intrapreneurship, and many defend against it, it is helpful for all students to understand the role intrapreneurs play. The can identify appropriate risk-taking and how to foster innovation from within an organisation. Intrapreneurs are another word for change agents – which is precisely what we are creating.
- To understand the concept of intrapreneurship
- To understand the role of corporate and business cultures in fostering or diminishing intrapreneurship in organisations
- To recognise the qualities of an intrapreneur in themselves and others
- To learn techniques of an intrapreneur and appropriate uses
- To improve and acknowledge risk taking strategies
- To learn techniques to identify and sell in innovations and change within organisations
- To identify purpose in their work and use this to become agents for good change
This training day will link closely with the ‘Building the compelling business case – storytelling for disruption’ which is a later programme.