Digital Accessibility: mornings on 2nd and 3rd of November
Digital Accessibility: 1-day short course (split over 2 mornings)
(15% off for start-ups - please contact us)
Facilitator: Lynn Pilkington
Why this topic is relevant:
With a better understanding of users’ needs, technologies and services can be developed to be both accessible and meet legal requirements to provide a more inclusive environment.
On this course:
You will discover how understanding the challenges of this user group, you can make a real difference to the lives of those living with a disability.
We will explore:
• What is digital accessibility?
• Digital accessibility and business
• ‘Usability’, ‘Accessibility’ and ‘User Experience’.
• Challenges experienced by disabled people
• Video and audio barriers and subtitles, captioning and audio description
• Desktop, laptop, mobile accessibility
• Creating, checking and evaluating document, web accessibility
• Input and output devices e.g. screen reader, Braille, switch access technologies
• Digital and web accessibility.